Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    pain from a scar in lung
    Ashdavis posted:
    Hello I was wanting to know what I can do for my husband who has back pain from a blood clot in his left lung? He has factor five leiden an had a blood clot in his left lung last year and now suffers from back pain while trying to go to sleep at night.
    davedsel responded:

    I am sorry your husband is going through this. I had a PE in 1997 after having a DVT in my left leg and was fortunate that it eventually was absorbed by my body. They surgically implanted a greenfield filter right after the lung scan confirmed the presence of the PE in my left lung and I am thankful to report that I have had none since then.

    We are a support group comprised of mostly lay people who have more experience with chronic pain of many types than we would like. There are some Health Experts who do occasionally reply to posts. However, it is against the rules in all WebMD communities to provide any type of diagnosis or medical advice.

    The best advice we can give is to discuss this with your husband's doctor. An appointment for evaluation and treatment may be a good idea give the symptoms. The back pain may not even be related to the PE, so a referral to a spinal specialist and an MRI may be warranted.

    I pray your husband finds answers and relief soon.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.



    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.