Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
upper stomach pain
An_252985 posted:
I have had a diagnosis of gastritis which flares from time to time. The pain is mostly on my left side in the middle of my ribcage to the left and just under my ribcage. I have been taking Sucralfate 1mg tablets 1 hr before meals & at bedtime as prescribed with no relief also a coated aspirin 325mg with no relief. The pain is intolerable. I'm' wondering if taking a Hydrocodone 7.5 tab would harm my stomach & cause even more pain?

David Maine, MD responded:
Thank you for your post. Hydrocodone would not be in the typical treatment algorithm for gastritis. I would discuss this further with your doctor to discuss the diagnosis, further test/exam that may be needed, and other treatment options. I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.