Skip to content
Ear pain and flying, eustachian tube
1pinkkayak posted:
Hello all!

In the past few years I have developed problems with my Eustachian tubes during the descent of a flight, typically coming from a coast to the Midwest. I have used a decongestant before descent with minimal success. The last time I flew, the pain was intense...relative to a hot poker through the face. Following a discussion with my ENT, I have purchased non vented ear plugs that divers use, to wear, before entering the plane during the flight. Although the concept makes sense I am still a bit nervous about the descent. Has anyone else used these kinds of earplugs...or anything else that has been helpful?

Many thanks!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Opana and sweating
I take Opana ER, Vicodin, Soma for arthritis pain and compressed nerve root. I also take Zoloft and Klonopin for depression and anxiety. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.