Skip to content
FYI for Pain Management Docs
justjohntoo posted:
I was reading about suicide rates for chronic pain syndrome sufferers. Many sites use terms about "clinical Questionaires, etc." as a basis for whether pain patients are suicidal. Are you kidding me? Or yourselfs? NO ONE who is desperate to be out of pain is going to tell their pain management team they're suicidal! That will guarentee they will stay in pain and have a jacket with 8ft. wrap around sleeves given to them just for fun instead. That's not an effective way to determine if your patients have 'had enough'. Check acual and attempted suicides to see if pain was the biggest factor. I'd Love to get the results of that. Just that, no clinical anaylsis based on their demographic .... oh who cares!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.