Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The bad treatment of chronic pain patients
woundedWoman0613 posted:
I left SC to get away from an abusive ex-husband. His abuse left me in pretty bad shape and 2 car accidents didn't help either. I was going to a wonderful pain management doctor in SC and after painful physical therapy,tens unit,injections and a visit to the chiropractor that had me in the ER that night in horrible pain, I was prescribed 3 oxycontin 20mg per day and 4 5mg oxycodone per day. Well I then moved to central Florida with my 2 children and the nightmare began. I could not find a pain management that took my insurance and then I lost the insurance when the divorce was final. I then spent a long time trying to get on medicaid and one doctor accepted it. I made an appointment and went with a recent MRI,records from previous pain Doctor and could barely walk. He decided to order another MRI,2 actually for different places of my neck and back,ordered physical therapy and did not give me anything for pain. I then suffered through physical therapy again,thank God my primary at the time gave me some percocet 7.5/325. I returned to the pain Dr. a month later and after telling me everything that was wrong with my back/spine/neck,he said I need to lose weight. I am too young and he will never prescribe pain medication. I asked him if he prescribes it to anyone and he says yes but I need to go out and exercise and lose weight. I left there very upset,I sobbed all the way home. I have been in the ER and humiliated,sent home in more pain. I even had kidney stones and brought them in and they gave me tylenol. I am so sick of this. I have actually gone back to my ex to get treated for my pain. Then had to leave him again cause duh,he abused me. I am considering moving back to SC,because I have no quality of life here. My children want their mother back. the one that on her pain medication could be the fun,laughing and singing, mom. Not the mom in tears. I do my best to make sure I achieve the high standard I set for myself as a parent. I feel I am failing. I need help. I am so broken. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror. I've always been an athlete and yes I am overweight, but I would love to run again. I can't even walk to the mailbox without my back tightening up and hurting. I am 36 years old and this life is not what I dreamed it would be. HELP!

blessedladyptl responded:
If I were you I would move back to SC. You should get a copy of your medical records from the dr in Fl. If he has written down that you're a drug seeker, you may not be able to find a dr in SC that will treat you with same type of meds as before. Also if you're on medicaid, that is another reason you're not able to get the same treatment as before.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.