Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    The bad treatment of chronic pain patients
    woundedWoman0613 posted:
    I left SC to get away from an abusive ex-husband. His abuse left me in pretty bad shape and 2 car accidents didn't help either. I was going to a wonderful pain management doctor in SC and after painful physical therapy,tens unit,injections and a visit to the chiropractor that had me in the ER that night in horrible pain, I was prescribed 3 oxycontin 20mg per day and 4 5mg oxycodone per day. Well I then moved to central Florida with my 2 children and the nightmare began. I could not find a pain management that took my insurance and then I lost the insurance when the divorce was final. I then spent a long time trying to get on medicaid and one doctor accepted it. I made an appointment and went with a recent MRI,records from previous pain Doctor and could barely walk. He decided to order another MRI,2 actually for different places of my neck and back,ordered physical therapy and did not give me anything for pain. I then suffered through physical therapy again,thank God my primary at the time gave me some percocet 7.5/325. I returned to the pain Dr. a month later and after telling me everything that was wrong with my back/spine/neck,he said I need to lose weight. I am too young and he will never prescribe pain medication. I asked him if he prescribes it to anyone and he says yes but I need to go out and exercise and lose weight. I left there very upset,I sobbed all the way home. I have been in the ER and humiliated,sent home in more pain. I even had kidney stones and brought them in and they gave me tylenol. I am so sick of this. I have actually gone back to my ex to get treated for my pain. Then had to leave him again cause duh,he abused me. I am considering moving back to SC,because I have no quality of life here. My children want their mother back. the one that on her pain medication could be the fun,laughing and singing, mom. Not the mom in tears. I do my best to make sure I achieve the high standard I set for myself as a parent. I feel I am failing. I need help. I am so broken. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror. I've always been an athlete and yes I am overweight, but I would love to run again. I can't even walk to the mailbox without my back tightening up and hurting. I am 36 years old and this life is not what I dreamed it would be. HELP!
    blessedladyptl responded:
    If I were you I would move back to SC. You should get a copy of your medical records from the dr in Fl. If he has written down that you're a drug seeker, you may not be able to find a dr in SC that will treat you with same type of meds as before. Also if you're on medicaid, that is another reason you're not able to get the same treatment as before.

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.