Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NJ or PA pain mgmt drs
wendy2231 posted:
Hello everyone, I am not new to this forum, just been a while since posted. I am in chronic pain, have been for 10 years now. I live in South Florida and I LOVE my Ortho Surgeon/PM dr. The problem is, I think we will be moving to Southeast PA (Philly) or south Jersey in the next few months. Hubby has a job waiting. I am extremely concerned that I will not be able to find a dr. that is willing to prescribe me what I am currently taking. I take 8mg Dilauded (only because they basically discontinued the Oxycodone 30mg b/c of junkies) 5x/day for breakthru and for ER, I take Morphine Sulfate 60 mg 3x/day. Also Soma 4x day. I am concerned about the laws up there. And about the right way of finding a good, reputable dr. Is there anyone who can help me or who has knowledge of this?

I would greatly appreciate any info you can give me. I also work full-time, have insurance and have a beautiful 6 year old so it's not like I am sitting at home doing nothing. The medicine helps me so much with my daily activities. Any suggestions would be grateful. God Bless. Thanks for listening.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.