Skip to content
RE: Have Chronic Pain and just had a TIA - (mini-sroke)
meaningfulc1952 posted:
Hi to all of you,
About 2 weeks ago I had a real life changing moment. My friend came over and I was walking like I was drunk. I do not drink any alcohol ever. My pain meds do not make me walk that way either.

I asked her to take me to the closest hospital and later was admitted. After all of the first tests, I was told that I had a TIA (Transient Ischemic
Attack) They could not do an MRI because of the metal in my jaw implants. They ordered many CT scans with and w/out contrast and
they got the diagnosis from the tests.

This mini-stroke has affected my memory and I still walk very strange. I have a cane and a walker from when my husband had knee replacements so if I really need some help I can use them.

You all take care,
Meaningfulc1952

davedsel responded:
Hello.

I am sorry you have had this horrible experience. I will be praying that your doctors can help you to fully recover soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

meaningfulc1952 replied to davedsel's response:
Hi davedsel,
Thanks for your message. I did read your entire story about all of the things that you dealing with and I am so sorry that you have so many things going on.

I do not understand why you can't take a prescription medicine for your pain. Please explain as to why you can't so I can understand better.

You are so right that with having faith and trying to live with what you have is a very helpful thing. It sounds as if you are in
real agoning (sp?). I have seen you on here many times but did not read your story until now.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have way too much going on don't you?

You try to hang in there and now I know what you are having to live with I really understand your ordeal. I do not know how you can possibly tolerate the pain that you have without a stronger medicine.
God Bless,
Meaningfulc1952

davedsel replied to meaningfulc1952's response:
I am allergic to any prescription pain medication that I have tried - hydrocodone, darvocette, even morphine. I am also allergic to acetaminophen. I break out in severe hives after a few doses.

My faith and family do help, but so does a positive attitude. I focus on what I am still able to do and am enjoying an early retirement even though it was forced by disability. Perhaps I am just a cockeyed optimist, but I much prefer to dwell on the positive and rise about my pain and frustration as best as possible. Of course, I have emotional times with feelings of despair and inadequacies, but I work to get past that as quickly as possible.

I pray you find answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

medication
Hi! I hope this finds you feeling better I know finding the right meds are hard. I agree with fentanyl being strong...have they ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.