Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
rotator cuff & spur surgery
toribioguerra posted:
Had surgery 2 1/2 years ago and still experiencing pain, shoulder and sometimes my entire arm. Don't know what to do. Went back to surgeon he can't find anything that could be causing me this much pain, also went to see a neurologist not much help there. I just keep getting prescriptions. l feel the pain in my bones. Not sure what other type of doctor I should go see. Help.

David Maine, MD responded:
Thank you for your post. You may want to discuss with your PCP. A focused muskuloskeletal exam including the cervical spine may be helpfull to try an elucidate a cause. Did you have any further studies (EMG, MRI)? You should discuss this with your doctor. Good luck!

toribioguerra replied to David Maine, MD's response:
Yes, I did have an MRI/XRAYs done by the surgeon that did the surgery. Went to my primary Dr. on 8/23, got a steroid shot in the shoulder. He thinks that I might be experiencing this pain due to my low Vitamin D level, so he prescribed Vitamin D 1.25 1x weekly. Still experiencing pain daily. Have a follow-up appt. on 9-6. I do intend to ask him about this EMG test, Hopefully then they can find the source of this pain.

Thank you very much for your help.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.