Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    pain radiating from right side of back to groin area
    An_253389 posted:
    Wife is having symptoms which include the following: pain in back that radiates from right kidney area to groin, vomiting, low grade fever with cold sweats. Use of percocet has had little effect on pain.

    After passing a kidney stone 3 weeks ago, her Dr. today said that it is unlikely to be another stone in so short a time and that a scan showed no other stones in the right kidney.

    Any clues?
    davedsel responded:
    If these symptoms have continued the wisest thing to do would be to take your wife back to the emergency room. If you can get hold of her doctor quickly you can try talking to him/her first, but it sounds to me like your wife needs immediate medical attention.

    I pray she can get relief soon.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.



    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.