Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
dr.loosing it slowly
An_253395 posted:
Wife and i have been seeing and being cared for by this female dr.for about 5 years now(WIFE LONGER THAN MYSELF).Since Mid 2012 her longtime and loyal staff all left for another practice after the Dr.s husband,who has no medical background took over in some capacity as office manager.My wife and Iwere shocked to see both of her staff of over 8+ years finally just move on to a diffrent practice.We found out from the one staf member that dr.s husband was the reason and whenthey left he wouldnt even let them say goodbyeto the Dr.
Over the time since wife and i had been noticing a drastic change in her practice and personal appearance.Dr.was looking ddisheveled at times almost like she just woke up,.and loosing weight and just a mess.Apointments began to be canceled and rescheduled and just in the past 10-12 months this happend 5-6 times ,with 1 being for snow day.
Now she has had another turnover of her staff and seems that dr.was getting a lil betterphysically.Now i am receiving care for lower chronic back pain with nerve isues(siatica)and take both 15mgand 30mg Roxycocode,depending on strength of pain.Also by her referral go to another Dr. for injections.which just began again.
I have never once received meds from another dr nor hospital ,for not to violate prescription contract( i dont risk it nor would i play around with that). Now this month I was offered to begin employment out of state and would be gone fromthe 3rd of sept till aproximately the 22-23rd.And would have to leave prior to nexr apointment on the 5th and called dr if it would be possible to come in early and if it was possible to also recevie and take with me the script so i dont run out on the road.When icalled the office i was told dr. was very busy and only in half days.remeber now all i have mentioned as well as her physical personal illness of a recurrence of hepatitus which she contracted back in Med school.The staff i was speaking on the phone with said she was really tight with appointments and i said i really need to see the dr.prior to my trip which i already am set to leave on..the 3rd.
I kept trying to explain my situation ,since i have always been able to since the dr.canceled so many appointments .to come in on short notice even to just explain things and that would be fine but this time the staff just wasnt getting it and now i have been discharged .the letter said for violatiting the contract which i never did but the staff told me on the phone it was because i was getting"" loud"on the phone.I have been told she has to by law continue for 30 days still fullfill my request for the scripts.for30 days opnly and yes i am already working feverously to be seen by a new Dr. wife ani have been finding out bit by but that she Dr is dropping patients left and right and it seems all of this BS has been going on since the Drs tag along husband has been in the office.
My wife today spoke with the one staff member and explained how this had all been a mis understanding that i wanted to see the dr before my trip to have my meds adjusted,taken off the 30mg and just stick with the 15mg roxycodone .the one staff member thought i wanted to fill a new scipt before it was time and that i had run out.No and NO i only wanted to see dr. and before my trip be given a script so i wouldnt RUN OUT WHILE ON THE ROAD or out of town.GRRRRRR.My wife spoke with the first staff member this morning and the staffmemebr said she eunderstands and that the dr. didnt want to be bothered... NOt cool and also we find out that a lot of her patients have had the same thing happen to them.Its sad cause this dr.really had her act together.
sorry for such a lonng story now this has caused a lot of unnessceesary stress Me or my wife need right now.WE are both down to Earth respectfull patients and not drug seekrers at all. but the dr. did have quite a bit of them and since has dropped her pain mangment title .
Any Ideas???

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.