Right flank pain
An_253428 posted:
I'm a 27 year old female with a history of pyelonephritis and bilateral multiple pulmonary embolus. I started having severe right flank pain 10 days ago with nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath when laying down. Been to the ER twice and my primary. I do have a kidney stone in the left kidney but its not moving so I've been on 2 antibiotics for pyelonephritis with no improvement. It hurts to cough, take a deep breath or lay supine. It doesn't feel like pyelonephritis like I had 2 years ago. My PEs were a couple months ago after a hysterectomy and I have been on Xarelto since my hospitalization. My oxygen saturation is normal and my heart rate is 90-110. I'm just wondering now if its a kidney infarction or another PE? Any suggestions?

_swank_ responded:
Nobody on the internet can diagnose you, not even a doctor. You need to either got back to your doctor or go to a nephrologist. Stay away from the ER they are not going to do anything except make sure you're out of danger and send you home with directions to see your own doctor.