Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Right flank pain
An_253428 posted:
I'm a 27 year old female with a history of pyelonephritis and bilateral multiple pulmonary embolus. I started having severe right flank pain 10 days ago with nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath when laying down. Been to the ER twice and my primary. I do have a kidney stone in the left kidney but its not moving so I've been on 2 antibiotics for pyelonephritis with no improvement. It hurts to cough, take a deep breath or lay supine. It doesn't feel like pyelonephritis like I had 2 years ago. My PEs were a couple months ago after a hysterectomy and I have been on Xarelto since my hospitalization. My oxygen saturation is normal and my heart rate is 90-110. I'm just wondering now if its a kidney infarction or another PE? Any suggestions?

_swank_ responded:
Nobody on the internet can diagnose you, not even a doctor. You need to either got back to your doctor or go to a nephrologist. Stay away from the ER they are not going to do anything except make sure you're out of danger and send you home with directions to see your own doctor.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Fibromyalgia Pain
I had a lot of pain in my lower back. The doctor diagnosed it as Fibromyalgia. He prescribed lyrica which works really well. I still have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.