Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello, I had a question for everyone
sophiawujanuary13 posted:
Hello, I had a question for everyone. I travel a lot for business, but I also have chronic pain from a condition I'd rather not disclose. My doctor had me on some medication, but it made me sleepy so it was useless during work. I am interested in buying a portable ultrasound machine so I can take it with me while I'm traveling and I no longer have to take meds all the time. Any thoughts about this equipment? Thank you.

ctbeth responded:
Does ultrasound help your pain?

If so, you may have a more manageable pain syndrome and opiates, which may have you feel tired, may not be necessary

If opiate therapy is indicated, the side effect of fatigue tend to dissipate within a few weeks if taken daily.

Since you do not wish to disclose to etiology of your pain syndrome, we have nothing to gauge the type of discomfort with which you live

Better to discuss ultrasound with your treating physician than an Internet support community.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 48 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.