Skip to content
Pharmacy Storing Medication
IcartM1968 posted:
I live in Florida, one of the strictest states when it comes to controlled substance laws. I went to get my scripts filled (Percocet and Morphine) and was turned away because the pharmacist was "at her limit" and all her medication was being saved for her regular patients. I thought it was illegal for a pharmacist to save medication like that and controlled substances were more or less first come, first served (I've tried to get a pharmacy to order me meds ahead of time and hold them-they said they couldn't). Does anybody know the laws (other than it was just simply bad business practice)? It's hard enough getting my meds as it is and having this happen just made it ten times worse.
blessedladyptl responded:
Put "Florida Board Of Pharmacy" in your search bar. Usually the State Laws are on the Pharmacy Boards website. But, this is a "individual store" or "chain" or "pharmacist choice." I have not found it written into Laws in any state and I know it is not anything Federal. The Pharmacist does has the right to refuse to fill any rx for anyone and not give a reason.
77grace responded:
HI IcartM1968 ,
I am sorry to hear that you have to go through so much just to try and get your pain meds.!No its, not right and I wish we could fix it but I think you should spend your time trying something else! Another Pharmacy that can provide these meds for you !
Good luck and I hope your pain lets up some !
Blessings, 77 grace

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.