Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Let FDA know you're having trouble getting your meds
    bette_kaffitz posted:
    If the new federal regulations are making your chronic pain an even greater pain, the culprit is the Food and Drug Administration.

    The person who can help you is Virginia Behr. Reach her at the FDA
    (301) 796-3436 or e-mail her at

    You should also call or write your U.S. Senators and Congressman.
    They started this in an effort to keep powerful drugs from abusers. Now, it is patients who are abused.

    Bette Kaffitz
    (member of the Fibromyalgia Support Community here at WebMD)
    blessedladyptl responded:
    Exactly what "new federal regulations" in the Code Of Federal Regulations are you referring to ?
    ctbeth replied to blessedladyptl's response:
    I was about to ask Bette the same question.

    If she is referring to New York, that is not Federal.

    Bette, are you having difficulty getting your meds?


    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.