Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CHRONIC BACK NERVE DAMAGE AND PAIN
jaskls posted:
My mother is only 55, and she has Levioscholiosis and Liver disease. From this over the years, she has 3 damaged roots in her back that are compressing and she has CONSTANT back and leg and feet pain and she is always sick. Her knees are bowing in, her insteps have collapsed, her feet and legs up past her knees are SO swollen its painful to even look at and let alone imagine the pain she is in. She takes medicine but they dont really help, she is up throughout the night, she keeps falling down, losing her balance, dropping things and she has told me that most days she doesnt feel like she can go on. I dont know what I can do for her to alleviate atleast maybe even ALITTLE bit of her pain and discomfort. The doctors look at her like she is lying to them and in all honesty, SHE CAN BARELY STAND FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS without having to lean over and brace her weight on a counter or sit down before she collapses. She has also told me when i told her, that it looks like her body is trying to collapse on her that that is exactly how she feels like. Her back can barely hold her up. Does ANYONE know of ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that I can do for her to help her, even if its just alittle???? She cant get a lumbar fusion as of now because of her liver disease. So that option is unattainable right now. I would be so very grateful for ANY advice. I cant stand to see my mom in such pain. She barely leaves the house because its hard for her to do anything without the unbearable pain.. I wish I could give her my body but i cant! All I can do is sit by and watch her suffer, and "PRAY CONTINUALLY." -1 THESSALONIANS 5:17 Please does anyone know of any equipment or remedies? I dont know what to ask for but advice..

77grace responded:
Hi jaskls ,
I feel terrible for your Mom and I wil add her to my Prayers !
What is her name ???I also have chronic pain and meds only help a little !But I do have a ANTIGRAVITY CHAIR !Have you heard of these ??The best way for you to understand it would be to look it up on the Web. !!!!I know the Healthy Back store has them But, they are really a lot of money there !You can look them up at Walmart or Costco !
It really takes the pressure off my back and legs.
Good luck , Blessings , 77grace

jaskls replied to 77grace's response:
Hello 77grace! Thank you SO much for the advice about the Anti Gravity Chair!!! I am looking into this even now as I write this! And my moms name is Ginger and I would be forever grateful if you would keep her in your prayers. And I as well will keep you in mine!! May God Bless you and keep you. If you dont mind my asking for your name for my prayers?? <3

Forever grateful,
Jade

water909 responded:
if it is possible, look into getting her into aqua aerobics. the water bouyancy means the damaged roots gets less irritated. or look into going with a rollator to help her walk.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.