Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Head and Face Pain
    Anon_163907 posted:
    I have had head and face pain for many years. One area is at the base of my head up to the top of my head, the other pain is from my jaw up to my temple. Both are on the right side of my head. Recently a Neurologist thought it was atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, But the MRI was inconclusive and MRA was also inconclusive. I have seen two Nerosurgeons and the cause is still unknown. I have been in many auto accidents and have a metal plate in my neck. Note the pain gets worse if I am tense. When the pain is bad I cannot function.

    davedsel responded:

    I am sorry you are experiencing so much difficulty with your symptoms. Unfortunately no one on an internet message board can tell you what is causing your pain. Your best course of action would be to continue your research on the internet and continue to try and find an accurate diagnosis by seeing different specialists. Rather than a neurosurgeon perhaps you should see a neurologist that specializes in head trauma.

    I pray you find answers and relief soon.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


    77grace responded:
    Hello ,
    I aM sorry that I did not get back to you right away but I had Oral surgery and it not only left me in surgical pain but realy messed up my my head and neck !That's where most of my pain is anyway !@It just made it worse !
    So I can relate to pain and I'm sorry that you have to go through it !
    I cannot function either when mine is really bad !
    I wish I had some good info for you as far as What is causing yoiur pain ?An Dr. would know more than we would !
    Bless you , 77grace
    Tom707 replied to davedsel's response:

    Thanks for your responce. I've seen a neurologist, he thought it was TNA but now is not sure.

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.