Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Are there any of you good people have bad bouts of fibromyalgia due to kidney stones?
lynjs posted:
Hello folks,

I hope all are well. Put it this way, if you made it another day, you great.

The question that I want to pose is this; do any of you folk have to deal with bad bouts of fibro after a kidney stone flare up?

The reason being is that I wound up in the hospital Saturday evening for horrendous pain that turned out to be a kidney stone.

Due to the pain killers, antibiotics and other medicine to keep me from losing my cookies, I am doing much better, except for when I sat down.

The only chair in the entire house that I can be comfortable in is the recliner in the living room. Straight kitchen chairs are fine for about 15 to 20 minutes.

After that I got to relocate back to the recliner or the floor.

The pain is on my ribcage which is always sore to the touch.

After coming back to my senses, it hit me that the painful kidney stone episode made that flare up where I can't rightly sit where I would like.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Thank you all.

davedsel responded:
Hello.

It makes sense to me that you would have this experience. Fibro is usually associated with other previous chronic or acute pain. The symptoms you describe are what I experience daily due to all of my conditions.

You may also want to post this on the WebMD Fibromyalgia Community here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/fibromyalgia-exchange
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.