Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breakthrough pain
Courtenay1958 posted:
I have multiple back issues that have had all the pain management treatments available. my doctor says the only treatment available now is medication. I take 10/325mg percocet and I am still having breakthrough pain. Can percocet be prescribed in a higher dosage or is it time to try something different. I have arthritis which causes the majority of the pain. I have a neurostimulator implanted in my neck and mid back. I still have lower back pain bad enough that I am only able to stand 10-15 minutes at a time.

An_251837 responded:
If you are still having pain then you need to discuss this with your doctor. You need to be aware of all your options and decide on what is best for you.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.