Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Body pain due to fibromyalgia
    Jmsherr1 posted:
    I am bi polar, have hepatitis c and have fibromyalgia. I am not to the point of having to take anything for my hep c but take. Lamictal and Valium for bi polar and for fibromyalgia t ake 1 tablet of hydrocodone -acetaminophen 650 6 times a day and take tramadol 50 mg per day 2 tablets every 6 hours both for pain. I still hurt when the weather changes and feel I need a stronger medication but are scared to because of my liver. Don't know what to due. I am on disability and can not work

    Take the Poll

    Don't know what to do due to persistent pain.
    • Different med?
    • I don't what to do.
    View Poll Results
    davedsel responded:

    You need to speak with your doctor and tell him/her that you are still in pain. You may need to see a pain management specialist that can offer treatments to help reduce your symptoms.

    I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


    dfromspencer responded:
    I have to go with Dave on that, you need to speak with your primary care physician. Until you do get a Pain Management Specialist, your first and only choice is your PCP.

    Talk to him/her about how the pain is effecting you now, and how the med's you take now, are just not strong enough for this pain! Ask them to help you, as you are still suffering intense pain.

    No one should just suffer in silence, speak out, tell your doctor!

    I wish you luck!!!


    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.