Skip to content
Body pain due to fibromyalgia
Jmsherr1 posted:
I am bi polar, have hepatitis c and have fibromyalgia. I am not to the point of having to take anything for my hep c but take. Lamictal and Valium for bi polar and for fibromyalgia t ake 1 tablet of hydrocodone -acetaminophen 650 6 times a day and take tramadol 50 mg per day 2 tablets every 6 hours both for pain. I still hurt when the weather changes and feel I need a stronger medication but are scared to because of my liver. Don't know what to due. I am on disability and can not work

Take the Poll

Don't know what to do due to persistent pain.
  • Different med?
  • I don't what to do.
View Poll Results
davedsel responded:

You need to speak with your doctor and tell him/her that you are still in pain. You may need to see a pain management specialist that can offer treatments to help reduce your symptoms.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


dfromspencer responded:
I have to go with Dave on that, you need to speak with your primary care physician. Until you do get a Pain Management Specialist, your first and only choice is your PCP.

Talk to him/her about how the pain is effecting you now, and how the med's you take now, are just not strong enough for this pain! Ask them to help you, as you are still suffering intense pain.

No one should just suffer in silence, speak out, tell your doctor!

I wish you luck!!!


Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.