Skip to content
crinkly sound in neck
musicfixes posted:
hey does anybody know if the "crinkly" sound is important? just had a c5-6 lamenectomy/foramenotomy, still some issues

dfromspencer responded:
Even after two fusion surgeries, and only one good vertebrate in my neck, it still crinkles! Bones do that, especially if you have D.D.D.!!!

Go see your doctor, it is probably nothing? If you want reassurance, see that doctor!

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

cweinbl responded:
Technically, the sound means nothing. But I have the same thing and I have a disc herniation at C-5-6. It might be fibrosis (scarring), clicking against the spinal process, nerves, tendons or ligaments. It might be a piece of extruded disc, an artifact of your surgery that should have been removed and was not. It might be pieces of bone rubbing against one another in a space that was filled with disc material, resulting in stenosis.

If the sound continues, but you have no severe acute or chronic pain as a result, then just live with it. I've lived with mine for 40 years.

If that sound is associated with pain, then it should be investigated. An MRI or CAT-scan should do the job. An X-ray seems pointless, since soft tissue, like disc material will not visualize.

Good luck.
cweinbl
csw2@bex.net

compoundia responded:
Hi, Don't worry. the sound is normal. it make your neck free.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.