Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hepatitis C and pain management
An_254106 posted:
I recently went to a pain management Dr. My blood work came back that I had Hep C. My results were 11552, the norm is 43. But she also said my numbers for my pain meds showed too high from the blood test for her to prescribe anything to me. I have A LOT of spinal problems and have been in pain management for 15 yrs. surgery is not an option. I was told too much wrong and would need a total spine replacement and we all know that's not possible. I KNOW I have not taken my meds wrong, if anything I don't take them enough. Is it possible the results showed high because of the Hep C? If my liver isn't working right wouldn't it metabolize slower. I am in extreme pain and I know I didn't take anymore med than was prescribed.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.