Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Obamacare
cafelaurie posted:
I am on pain meds and now as of 12-31-2013 I will be without insurance my insurance Insure Oklahoma will drop me as of that date. I have been told to enroll on this Obama care I have over 3 weeks ago they said I would hear something I a week to 10 days lol. What a joke I am scared I have stopped my injections that cost 6400.00. The Dr says I need at least 12 so why start something I will not be able to finish I can afford to pay for my med which is Morphine and Hydrocodone for break thru pain. I am Native American but Don't live in the state that I am enrolled in so It would be cheaper for me to fly there and go to the Indian Clinic and get my meds then fly back to the state I reside in but don't know if I will be able to fill my meds in another state anyone have any suggestion on this thanks

blessedladyptl responded:
It may be best to get the meds filled in the state they are written in. Have you checked to be sure that the insurance your get will cover the visit to the clinic ? Have you looked into if you might qualify for care in the state the clinic you go to is in under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act-Health Reform for Native Americans ?

blessedladyptl replied to blessedladyptl's response:
American Indian's are among those exempt from the health care reform's individual mandate. This is because Tribal healthcare is funded seperately by the U.S.Government. I doubt it would apply to you, but it wouldn't hurt to check into in if you aren't positive.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.