Skip to content
Multiple non-specific joint pain
riyaz posted:
Hi,
I am 31 years old and lives in Sydney, Australia. I am currently suffering from pain and stiffness in my knees, wrists, shoulder joints, hip joints and spine. I feel severe tightness in my thighs and calves that standing for more than 5 mins becomes hell. It all started with only right knee 3 years ago, which used to ease with movements. That time I had small patches of Psoriasis and my doctor termed it Psoriatic Arthritis. In last 3 years, I have undergone 3 xrays, 2 MRI, EMG, full body nuclear scan and all sorts of blood tests which you can think of for Auto immune and rheumatoid conditions but all came back negative except a little elevated LDL and low Vit-D. I have seen many General practitioners, 3 Rheumatologists (current one is the best in Sydney), general and sport physiotherapist, chiropractors, naturopaths, homeopaths etc but still missing a definite diagnosis. They ruled out any kind of Arthritis. I don't have patches anymore after using a steroidal cream early 2013. On treatment side NSAID pain killers did not help much and I take fish oils, Vit D, Glucosamine, Curcumin, Liver tonics etc for long time. Current Rheumatologist even tried Prednisone but did not help. I used to be an active gym goer and hiker but had to stopped everything early 2013. Besides my joints, my muscle mass and endurance have also reduced. My muscles are mostly remains tight n stiff even I don't exercise and had to do a lot of stretching to keep moving. My activities are limiting day by day and I am not able to get an answer of my condition. I don't remember when was the last time I was pain free.
Also, I have always been skinny irrespective of my adequate diet and still no matter how good I eat I remain 60ish. (I am 170 cms tall).
I request you to please share if you have anything which can help me a even a little. It is so frustrating for me seeing myself going downhill and with this pace I can only picture myself good for nothing in few years. Please please help and share if you have something to. Anything would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Riyaz

rosielou responded:
Have any of the docs considered fibromyalgia?

riyaz replied to rosielou's response:
No they have not yet. Even I was not aware of Fibromyalgia until you mentioned. My symptoms quite match with this as well. I will pick this up with my doctor in next appointment for sure. Thanks very much for pointing this out. Request you to please share more of your knowledge/ experience on this, if there.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Fibromyalgia Pain
I had a lot of pain in my lower back. The doctor diagnosed it as Fibromyalgia. He prescribed lyrica which works really well. I still have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.