Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
side effects to Cymbalta and Morphine?
firepit posted:
Hi, I have been on Cymbalta and 15 mg. (per day) for about 6 months. Lately, I have been having terrible emotional lows. It starts with a shortness of breath, I am unable to settle down, anxious, nervous and increased agitation. I also have pains in chest and the right side of my neck, under my ear. And a ringing in my ear. It is getting worse. Has anyone else had these unsettling symptoms? I wonder if it is due to medication....? Thanks!

An_254821 responded:
have had those problems with Gabapentin & Pregabalin made me very suicidal, angry & volient

77grace responded:
Hi ,
I have tried both of these meds !I think it would be best to talk to your Dr. about al these syptoms !
Hope you feel better soon !
77grace

firepit replied to An_254821's response:
Thanks for your reply!

firepit replied to 77grace's response:
Thanks, 77grace. I have an appointment... new doctor. So, hope she can help me adjust meds. Seems like every 6 months I have to change medications. Gets tiresome after 30 years!

ctbeth responded:
It sure sounds like you're experiencing panic attacks, but no one can tell based upon an internet message board.

Whilst these horrible symptoms may be something minor, it sounds as if you really should see your MD

Before considering any reason for this experience, your MD really should rule out some of the serious that can initially present as the sort of things that you're feeling.

If this is adverse effects of the prescribed meds, your MD may have some treatment options.

Best Wishes, and I hope that you get this problem straightened out.

Beth

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
41 of 46 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.