Skip to content
chair recommendation
1958roz posted:
I am looking for a good chair for my husband to relax in. He is retired and suffers from lower back pain. We have acquired a nice collection of living room chairs, but wonder if anyone has found one that helped them.

ctbeth responded:
Hi roz,

Perhaps others will have a suggestion of an actual name of a chair.

My thought is that your husband may consider going shopping to find a chair and try as many as necessary until he finds one that suits him.

Pain is a very subjective and personal experience. What is comfortable for me may be uncomfortable for him, or you, or anyone.

One can purchase all sorts of lumbar pillows and other supportive appliances. Even with these, the person who is in pain should try everything he/ she can find and go with whatever feels best for him/ her.

Best wishes,

Beth

77grace responded:
Hi 1958roz ,
I also suffer from back and neck pain !It is severe and I have been like this for several years !
About 10 years ago I discovered the anti gravity chair !It is a miracle !It takes all the pressure off your spine !There are different kinds and brands !The back store has them but very expensive !Lookit up at Costco or walmart !The brand they have is Homedics !
Let me know ??
77grace

1958roz replied to 77grace's response:
Beth, I had been saying the very same thing to my husband for weeks. Thank you for responding. After I read your reply aloud to him, he decided to go test chairs! He took his time and chose a very nice recliner, time will tell. Thanks for the reply.

Grace,

I had been researching anti-gravity chairs this week. If his latest choice isn't the solution, we will take that route. Thanks for the reply!

ctbeth replied to 1958roz's response:
That's great!

Thanks for writing again to let us know.

What kind of chair did he buy?

1958roz replied to ctbeth's response:
He purchased a Lazy Boy recliner with a firm lumber cushion and the solid footrest. Like I said, time will tell.... I really appreciate the help and recommendations.

davedsel2 replied to 1958roz's response:
Hello.

We have La-Z-Boy recliners and I love them. I recently had to get a lift chair but could not afford the La-Z-Boy ones, so bought one at Walgreens.com. I am thankful to have the needed help to get out of my chair, but do miss the comfort of the La-Z-Boy. IMHO, they have the most comfortable furniture having the best value.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.