Skip to content
Where can I find a Dr. In Polk County Fl that is not afraid to prescribe a pain killer?
inpain49 posted:
I am a49 year old single female. I've been living in Fl for about 15 yrs...about 3 years ago I fell, and had to have a C-Spine Fusion. I've been in pain ever since. About a year after that I was sitting at a red light, and was rear ended by this huge company truck, which further damaged my spine, and added to my injuries. I'm always in pain...some days are better than others. For whatever reason I can not find a Dr or a hospital that will give me anything for pain. If I ask for something they think I'm drug seeking...it's ridiculous! What am I supposed to do? I went to pain management and they want to stick me in my spine and neck with needles...ain't doing that. Is there a Dr left that will give me a decent pain killer? I can't do this much longer. Please help!

77grace responded:
Hi inpain49 ,
I know how you feel ,I have a lot of nceck and back pain !I also have had neck surgery !
AS far as Dr.s , Iguess your primary is the one who willnot give you any pain meds ??
With pain management there is a lot more they can do than needles !Don't let that scare you !From my experience they will give you meds. but alos want to try a method that can help prevent the pain or make it better !Otherwise the meds are just a bandage !!
What did they want to do that were with needles ??
Have an open aditude ! You have been dealing with this a long time ,get help!
77grace

ctbeth responded:
Hi from Connecticut,

Indeed, pain management MDs so more than just prescribe pain meds.

One of the first modalities to reduce inflammation is epidural steroid injections.

Foremost, the needle required to instill the solution goes into the epidural space, NOT into the spinal cord. This is a common mistake that can make this simple procedure seem terrifying.

The solution kind- of bathes the spinal nerve roots. It is a temporary measure, but temporary can mean months of relief.

You probably will not find many members of this community who had adequate relief with this treatment. Those who do get relief would probably have no need to continue to participate with an online pain support group.

Also, please, please google (or Bing, or whatever search engine you like)' Epidural Steroid Injections. It is better to read the facts and ask your MD any questions you have. Reading anecdotal horror stories may blur your judgement.

Web MD has an info page on Epidural Steroid Injections; this may be a good place to begin.

Last, we are not allowed to recommend MDs on this page, nor are we allowed to identify any of our MDs by name or address.

Best wishes, and I hope that you will get the relief you need very soon.

Beth

ctbeth responded:
Here is a site that I just found on Bing.com

It's got lots of good info.

I hope this helps clarify this treatment for you.

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-ESI.htm#.UtXllH-9KSM

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.