Skip to content
Arm pain
An_255237 posted:
I have a strange condition that seems to be worsening. Whenever I do anything where I have to exert any energy (or even when I'm sleeping), I get a pain in my throat area and a lot of arm pain. The pain feels like muscle aches and often runs down to my hands. Also, I feel like I have a severe case of heartburn at the same time. I've gone to the doctor and he thought it might be something with my heart (since I had a heart attack 10 years ago), but I went to the emergency room and they monitored me for 6 hours and confirmed that it was nothing to do with my heart. The put me on omeprazole for 10 days which seemed to help for a little while, but now its back in full force again. Any suggestions?

davedsel2 responded:
Have you seen your regular doctor about this condition? That would be the next logical step.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

sue12401 replied to davedsel2's response:
Thanks for your reply. My regular doctor is the one that sent me to the emergency room so they could monitor my heart. I think I'll have to make another appointment and see where that one leads.

An_255176 replied to sue12401's response:
Have had a work-up by a cardiologist?? How about by a gastorenlogist?? I have stomach issues that can mimic a heart attack. But it was through one of these "attacks" that I found out that my heart was not emptying fully. I would have both possibilities checked out.

77grace responded:
Hi ,
This kinda sounds like something I deal with !I will get a really strong sharp pain right under my breast bone tha t goes all the way through to my back ,it just about takes my breath away !My Dr. gave me Pepcid and it works ! But I think you should tell your Dr. Just hought I'd let you know ,I feel for you !
Peace 77grace

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.