Skip to content
T.E.N.S Unit
An_255176 posted:
Do these things actual work?? Pain management gave me the script for one. Found out with my insurance that it is no cost to me. So should I get it??

Take the Poll

Do you use a T.E.N.S unit??
  • yes
  • no
  • did work
  • yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

jimsjinx responded:
Yes they work. Go for it. It really helps back pain.

ctbeth responded:
Have you not tried the TENS unit at your MD's or PT's office?

If yr MD has reason to think that it may help you, what would be the loss in trying it.

Everyone is different, and we have different pain physiologies. There isn't a reliable way to know if it will work until you try it.

If you want to read some articles on TENS, you can do a google search and you'll find many.

If your polling members here, it doesn't matter that TENS has not helped me, or whether it has helped or not helped others.

It's about you .

Good luck, and I hope you'll come back and tell us what you're thinking about giving TENS a try.

Beth

biancalthompson responded:
I have used the TENS unit in the past. It has helped me to some extent.

dfromspencer responded:
Absolutely!!! If the Tens Unit was prescribed by your doctor, then yes, you should get one!!!

You will have to try it for yourself. Everyone I have ever talked to about the Tens, have all loved, and swore by it! I absolutely adore mine!!! It can take my pain away for as long as ten minutes after shut off? A little piece from heaven, that's it!!!

GET IT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.