RE: Now I Have Back Pain
meaningfulc1952 posted:
Hello,
Well, I thought that I might make it through a few more years before having severe back pain, but now I do have it. This back pain keeps me up at night and I have a left hip that my pain mgt. dr. told me has bursitis in it. She has done 2 injections in my left hip with the numbing agent and the steroid. The first injection helped a lot, but the second one did not do a thing for the pain.

Now, I have got to find a real good orthopedic dr. and I know that there are lots of them where I live. Finding the right one is my objective. I always thought that I would be very lucky if I never got back pain.

This particular pain is in my back, right shoulder, left hip and even other places on my body. When I had my bone density test done
last year I was told that I have osteoporosis in my spine and both hips. I had planned to have the medication for osteo given to me by IV, but then my hematology dr. told me that I needed to have iron IV's and I did. In other words, my osteo treatment was put on hold.

Currently, I just feel like a train wreck. Everything is just falling apart in my body. I am not a happy woman and I am driving my husband nuts with complaining of my pain and of course my pain has affected my mood too.

I have antidepressants I can take, trazodone, but I have not gotten
much relief from it yet. I think that the Lexapro helped me much better.

If anyone has some helpful ideas I would appreciate any and all.

Thanks,
meaningfulc