Skip to content
RE: Now I Have Back Pain
meaningfulc1952 posted:
Hello,
Well, I thought that I might make it through a few more years before having severe back pain, but now I do have it. This back pain keeps me up at night and I have a left hip that my pain mgt. dr. told me has bursitis in it. She has done 2 injections in my left hip with the numbing agent and the steroid. The first injection helped a lot, but the second one did not do a thing for the pain.

Now, I have got to find a real good orthopedic dr. and I know that there are lots of them where I live. Finding the right one is my objective. I always thought that I would be very lucky if I never got back pain.

This particular pain is in my back, right shoulder, left hip and even other places on my body. When I had my bone density test done
last year I was told that I have osteoporosis in my spine and both hips. I had planned to have the medication for osteo given to me by IV, but then my hematology dr. told me that I needed to have iron IV's and I did. In other words, my osteo treatment was put on hold.

Currently, I just feel like a train wreck. Everything is just falling apart in my body. I am not a happy woman and I am driving my husband nuts with complaining of my pain and of course my pain has affected my mood too.

I have antidepressants I can take, trazodone, but I have not gotten
much relief from it yet. I think that the Lexapro helped me much better.

If anyone has some helpful ideas I would appreciate any and all.

Thanks,
meaningfulc

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.