Skip to content
RE: Now I Have Back Pain
meaningfulc1952 posted:
Hello,
Well, I thought that I might make it through a few more years before having severe back pain, but now I do have it. This back pain keeps me up at night and I have a left hip that my pain mgt. dr. told me has bursitis in it. She has done 2 injections in my left hip with the numbing agent and the steroid. The first injection helped a lot, but the second one did not do a thing for the pain.

Now, I have got to find a real good orthopedic dr. and I know that there are lots of them where I live. Finding the right one is my objective. I always thought that I would be very lucky if I never got back pain.

This particular pain is in my back, right shoulder, left hip and even other places on my body. When I had my bone density test done
last year I was told that I have osteoporosis in my spine and both hips. I had planned to have the medication for osteo given to me by IV, but then my hematology dr. told me that I needed to have iron IV's and I did. In other words, my osteo treatment was put on hold.

Currently, I just feel like a train wreck. Everything is just falling apart in my body. I am not a happy woman and I am driving my husband nuts with complaining of my pain and of course my pain has affected my mood too.

I have antidepressants I can take, trazodone, but I have not gotten
much relief from it yet. I think that the Lexapro helped me much better.

If anyone has some helpful ideas I would appreciate any and all.

Thanks,
meaningfulc

meaningfulc1952 responded:
Sorry guys,
I did not mean to put this in 2 times. I did try to edit and delete the second one.
Maybe they will delete it soon.

Sorry for the accident.
Meaningful

davedsel2 responded:
Hello.

I have been managing moderate to severe chronic pain from multiple degenerative spinal conditions for over 35 years. I fully understand what you are going throughl

Throughout my 10 years plus of membership in these WebMD communities, I have shared my philosophies.

Keep moving as much as possible. It may be hard or even almost impossible at times. but chronic pain from any type of arthritis is usually decreased with movement. The more sedentary I am, the higher the levels of my chronic pain. I have even started going for a short walk every day using my cane.

Keep doing your research. There are many websites with good information about spinal problems and solutions. I have given links in many of my posts. Favorites include Spine-Health.com and SpineUniverse.com.

Keep a positive attitude. Focus on the good in your life - the blessings. Do what you can to distract your mind from the pain. It can work and it can help.

In additions, I have found that a daily supplement for joint health that contains glucosamine, MSM, Vitamin D3 and other things help. I have to switch brands periodically or I get immune to the benefits. Lots available online or in your local pharmacy for fairly reasonable prices.

I pray you find ways to manage your pain and find the relief you need.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

meaningfulc1952 replied to davedsel2's response:
Hi Dave,

Thank-you. I have read many of your responses to other people that have chronic pain and you have a lot of very good ideas and suggestions.

You are so right about keeping a positive attitude and also about being thank-full for all of the good things in our lives.

I have been thinking about taking the glucosamine that you mentioned. I don't know if it has any side effects with the meds that I take. If it is a supplement, like a vitamin then I don't see any harm in taking it.

I hope that you are feeling the best that you can.

Thank-you,
meaningfulc1952

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.