Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
Right Elbow Pain When Working Out
jszaradowski posted:
What should I do for right elbow pain that I only get when working out my triceps? Sometimes I also get the pain when sweeping at work. Last Monday 3/17 worked out chest/ triceps, from 4:30-5:30. By 7pm felt a burning sensation inside right elbow. Always have elbow pain when working out my triceps, never on sides of elbows always near the tip of elbow.

What should I do? Should I get it checked out by a doctor? If I should get it looked at, What type of doctor should I see?

Currently have no insurance. What can happen if I do nothing?
davedsel2 responded:

I am not a doctor, but it sounds like you may have tendonitis in your elbow. Ice and/or heat plus inflammatory medication like aspirin or ibuprofen if you can take that. If it continues, then you will need to see your doctor. Start with your primary doctor for an initial evaluation.

I pray you can get treatment and relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


Peter Abaci, MD responded:
There is a condition that has been described as "snapping triceps syndrome" that is uncommon but associated with body building. In this condition, pain is felt along the inner part of the elbow (medial side) due to the distal part of the tricep muscle dislocating over what is called the medial epicondyle of the elbow, which is the bony part that you can feel on the inner aspect. Bending and flexing the elbow or doing push-ups and bench pressing can all bring on pain with this type of problem. In addition to the pain that you feel when working out you may also feel a snapping feeling around the elbow.

Another condition to consider that causes medial elbow pain is sometimes referred to as golfer's elbow. This is brought on by overuse of the flexor tendons of the forearm and can also cause pain around the inner portion of the elbow.

Probably the first step is to ice the area and give it some rest from the exercises or activities that seem to be aggravating it for a little while and see if the symptoms will resolve. There is a nerve that runs through that part of the elbow known as the ulnar nerve that can sometimes be affected as well. If symptoms don't improve, consider consulting with a sports medicine doctor or orthopedic specialist.
annette030 responded:
Get checked out by your primary care doctor.

I swear by physical therapists, go see one if your doc suggests it might even be remotely helpful.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Get honest with your Doctor
P Pain clinics think of you as a way to make a living. Find a doctor who is willing to help you or send you to someone who will. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.