Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Eye pain
tshirts posted:
Have chronic eye pain - probably from long hours at computer at work and years of video-gaming. The computer aggravates it especially but the pain is so bad I have to use eye drops throughout the day to keep it in check, and can't focus on anything (pastor at church, words in a book, TV screen etc) without pain. I switched to a new eyeglass prescription last year so I don't think glasses are the problem. What really worries me is that I have this problem and I'm still in my 20s! Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated, though I've done the usual stuff (minimize CPU time, take beaks, done some eye exercises etc.). Thanks

davedsel2 responded:
Since you have done everything you can at home, then it is time to see your doctor. I would start with your primary and then see an ophthalmologist if your primary deems that appropriate.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

David Maine, MD responded:
I think a visit with your opthamologist makes sense at this point. Sometimes opthalmic migraines can present with triggers such as you describe. A evaluation by an opthalomogist is good start to try and understand the cause of your pain and potential treatments. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Gall bladder
Two years ago. I was experiencing a piercing pain dead center of the chest .it was like someone was taking their finger and pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.