Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Eye pain
tshirts posted:
Have chronic eye pain - probably from long hours at computer at work and years of video-gaming. The computer aggravates it especially but the pain is so bad I have to use eye drops throughout the day to keep it in check, and can't focus on anything (pastor at church, words in a book, TV screen etc) without pain. I switched to a new eyeglass prescription last year so I don't think glasses are the problem. What really worries me is that I have this problem and I'm still in my 20s! Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated, though I've done the usual stuff (minimize CPU time, take beaks, done some eye exercises etc.). Thanks

davedsel2 responded:
Since you have done everything you can at home, then it is time to see your doctor. I would start with your primary and then see an ophthalmologist if your primary deems that appropriate.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

David Maine, MD responded:
I think a visit with your opthamologist makes sense at this point. Sometimes opthalmic migraines can present with triggers such as you describe. A evaluation by an opthalomogist is good start to try and understand the cause of your pain and potential treatments. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.