Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
Chronic Pain and Having Sex with your husband
Anon_27116 posted:
Recently, I made myself available to have intercourse with my husband and he was not able to perform. I was absolutely shocked. We have not been able to have much intimacy in our lives for many years since I have chronic pain.

Has anyone here had this or a similar situation happen to them? If so, how did you handle it and make it work out?

One other thing, my husband rides bikes 4 time a week and I mean he takes it very seriously. I just do not know what causes this "new" problem. It had never happened before.

If you have any ideas as to what could be the cause, please let me know.
Anon_27116 responded:
Hi there,
I want to add one other thing to this discussion. My husband has not been happy with his job for some time and since he rarely tells me about these things, I did not know. He seems to be very depressed and I have not seen him laugh or smile about anything lately. Obviously he is under a lot of pressure where he works. One more thing, he is in his mid 60's.
I am wondering if he needs the meds that treat the low T. I think that is how it is referred to.

I really need help and some answers. When I made myself available and it did not work out, my feelings were very hurt and I took it very personally.
Peter Abaci, MD responded:
Cycling is considered to be a risk factor for erectile dysfunction. The pressure caused by sitting on the bicycle seat can impede blood flow to the nerves involved with sexual activity, potentially resulting in problems with sexual function. This problem is typically also associated with numbness or tingling around the genital area. The chances of erectile dysfunction developing from cycling likely increases with prolonged riding of more than 3 hours per week.

Many other things can contribute to problems with sexual activity. Certainly, a decline in mood or problems with depression can impact libido and performance as can the use of certain antidepressants. A decline in testosterone levels can be a potential factor and may related to various factors including age.

Intimacy can be very challenging when one or both partners have chronic pain or depression, and because this is an important part of your relationship you may want to have a talk with your significant other about it and consider how to find the best help for your particular situation.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 14 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.