Skip to content
Neck pain
tallgirlamy posted:
Why do the boards point me to go to the hospital if I'm having headaches and severe neck pain? I can't see a doctor until Monday, and it's getting more bothersome, but I was just diagnosed with a kidney infection 2 days ago. My doctor doesn't open until Monday morning at 8 a.m. I'm thinking whatever it is would just go away with a couple more doses of the antibiotic, but I guess I was allergic to it and the doctor took me off the antibiotic. So......essentially nothing until Monday.
davedsel2 responded:

What "boards" are telling you to go to the hospital? If you have extreme pain or a life-threatening condition then going to a hospital emergency room would be the right thing to do. If you can wait until Monday and get in to see your doctor, then that would be best.

I pray you can get relief soon.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

annette030 responded:
No one can see you or examine you, the only sensible thing is to tell you to go where you can be examined properly, by a qualified, medical professional. A hospital.

Since it is now Monday evening, I hope you are feeling better, or have seen someone and are on the road to recovery.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.