Skip to content
Piercing Pain - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
psymommy posted:
Hi guys, I'm new here. Anyone experiencing sharp piercing pain in their wrist? This wakes me up in the middle of the night. I'm sure this is Carpal Tunnel, correct me if I'm wrong. This is just so frustrating.

atti_editor responded:
Hi psymommy, and welcome to the community!

Here is an overview on carpal tunnel syndrome that you might find helpful. Carpal tunnel can cause tightness, pain, weakness, or numbness in the hands and fingers (some people have pain in their arm between the hand and elbow as it seems you do). The article in the link above also says that you may first notice the symptoms at night.

The only way to definitively tell if your pain is a result of carpal tunnel is to schedule an appointment to have your wrist examined by your doctor. The link above also provides some at-home treatments you may want to try. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.