Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Childhood idiopathic scoliosis causing major complications as young adult?
crp0302 posted:
I have scoliosis and was braced for it for while I was a child (23 hours a day for 2.5 years, then 12 hours/day for 2 more years). For the past three years, starting when I was 18, I have had bad chronic back pain. It is getting to the point where I have periodic leg pain that travels through various lengths of my leg, periodic numbness and tingling in my vagina, and the pain in my back can at times be unbearable. The only thing that helps is laying down, but I work full-time and this is not an option. I have gone to general doctors, only to be dismissed and told it is normal and to exercise more, but I exercise and have done all of the stretches and things I have been told, to no avail. I am not sure what to do. There are some other new problems that I have been experiencing, but I am not sure if they are related. I don't know if this is from my scoliosis or something else. Can anyone offer some insight?
77grace responded:
Hi and Welcome !
I am sorry to hear that you are having so much pain !
I also suffer from scoliosis amoumg other back problems so I can relate !!I would maybe see a nuerologist or back specialist and also ask about pain medication to help you !!!!How old are you now ???
There are also pain rubs that help some !Salon paz is one that is very good !Try it !
Let me know !
Best of luck , 77grace
crp0302 replied to 77grace's response:
Thanks! I will look into Salon Paz, and maybe look into seeing a neurologists/back specialist, there just aren't many of those local. I used to have to drive 3.5 hours to see my scoliosis doctor as a kid. I have an appointment with a chiropractor this weekend, though, so maybe they can recommend a place.
crp0302 replied to 77grace's response:
Also- I'm only 21.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.