Skip to content
I have a white pill with U17 on one side and clank on the other side oblong shape.
An_257470 posted:
I was taking Percocet 10/325 and my doctor changed them to this new pill with U17 imprinted on one side and blank on the other side. Is the still a percocet? generic name? please someone help me.

davedsel2 responded:
The best thing you can do is to call your pharmacist. They will know what they prescribed.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

An_255813 responded:
y r u asking us?? doesn't the prescription bottle's label tell you what it is?? where did you really get this pill??

ctbeth responded:
I don't buy it, either.

If you're a pain management patient, your MD and you would discuss your meds.

If you had a prescription, the name of the med is on the bottle, and was on the Rx.

If you've been given a pill from a friend, that's you're business, but appealing to a pain management community to help you identify it, that's a different story.

Try not to kill yourself, ok?

cweinbl responded:
I think it's from a German U-Boat. But ask your pharmacist before you send it back to Europe.
cweinbl
csw2@bex.net

An_258899 responded:
I have the same issue, as I normally have one kind of pill and combine bottles of my pain meds.
I just noticed this one had different markings, same size and shape though.

I was trying to come on here to get some verification that this was the same thing I was taking previously. People can be rude.

annette030 replied to An_258899's response:
Do not combine meds from different bottles. If, God forbid, you should have a reaction to a pill, you need to know what lot number it came from, what pharmacy, etc. The pharmacist will know the lot number, and who to call at the drug company, if you don't. But you need to know where you got the pill.

Take care, Annette

Anon_57995 replied to An_258899's response:
If one gets an Rx filled and the pills look different or unusual, the proper course of action is to ask the pharmacist who filled the Rx.

Mistakes do happen, and the pharmacy that filled the Rx needs to know, as filling a Rx with the wrong med will effect their inventory, as well.

As a rule, asking people in an internet group to identify pills is seen as a nefarious activity.

No reason that you should find the members of this group rude for suspecting unscrupulous behavior.

Take your pills to the pharmacy, and stop storing different meds on the same bottle.

rxs8an responded:
People are totally rude! This person did not ask for advice on how to manage prescriptions. They got a fill on a prescription and probably not thinking anything of it because it's obviously a maintenance drug, paid for it, got home and before taking the medication noticed that the pill was marked differently. It's Acetaminophen/oxycodone 325mg/10mg. Same thing you were prescribed before just a new generic brand. If somebody asks a question, answer it or don't! Thanks

rxs8an replied to An_259100's response:
Wow. Such helpful and nice people on WebMD.

rxs8an replied to rxs8an's response:
BTW. I was doing my own search because I found this same pill in my Son's pocket while doing laundry!

An_258778 replied to rxs8an's response:
so it sounds like An_259100 was right

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Opana and sweating
I take Opana ER, Vicodin, Soma for arthritis pain and compressed nerve root. I also take Zoloft and Klonopin for depression and anxiety. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.