Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my lower abdominal pain
fawwaza posted:
I have been suffering from lower pelvic/abdominal pain for the last 7 months; the pain is always on never leaves me a minute. It is felt more when I am sitting at chair at work or when I lay down on the bed, I don't feel it as much when I am walking. Overall it is not server pain and is bearable but never the less it is compromising my quilt of life.
I don't have any diarrhea or constipation associated with it; my appetite is good and I eat well
I had seen an internist and we did pelvic / abdominal Ultra sound, everything came back normal. I also did CT scan with contrast on my pelvic/ abdominal area again everything is normal and he said to me it could be stress and that is that.
the aching pain and the burning sensation is always there it never fluctuate with or without food, with or without going to the bathroom, the pain never leaves
I went and saw GASttro DOc and done upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy , eveything came back normal and the Gastro Doc indicated there is nothing wrong with my digestive system.
so in total ultra sound of abdominal / pelivic / CT scan of those areas and now endo and colonoscopy, blood work all turned out normal
if i do have anxietry and sometime I do and had experienced a couple of panic attck due to this pain not knowing what is causing it , but my question really is does anixety cause abdominal pain that is constant 24/7 . do you think i have IBS , the pain never leaves and i think people with IBS have some relief in between bouts , even with anxiety , should there be relief between anxiety attacks of this 24/7 pain
Thanks

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.