Skip to content
Ongoing wrist pain
wrigley2012 posted:
Hoping someone can offer a suggestion or two. 40-some female. Occupation involved 6-7 hours per day @ computer. No work restrictions to date. Left Handed. Diagnosed in February with right wrist pain (believed to be tendonits (given splint). Went back 2 weeks later - OT referral. OT has been custom splint, 8 treatments of Iontophoresis - no improvement, then 3 treatments of ultrasound therapy. I went prior to going into ultrasound therapy I went 3 weeks without treatment 4/24 - 5/15 to see if the symptoms (pain near wrist bone) would cease on it's own. No luck. 5/16 primary referred me into Hand Clinic, consult with PA on 6/26. I felt like this was an extremely LONG wait. (private insurance through employer) but whatever.

When I get home at night - i want to do nothing. and that's what I do. I can't grip anything. Tempted to go back to primary to ask for MRI order - but is that a reasonable request without going to hand clinic first? OT mentioned for first time today I should be considered for work restrictions. perhaps that should have happened sooner? Just asking. I really like my OT - but I feel like I have been given the runaround.

Thx for advice.

annette030 responded:
If you like the OT, ask him/her what she/he suggests.

I had deQuervain's tendinitis in my non-dominant wrist and went through the same basic thing you have, but nothing helped and I finally had surgery. I wish I had done it first, I declined any preoperative medicine or drugs that would impair me afterward, the surgery took 7 minutes start to finish. I had been a nurse for years and wanted to watch, lol. I had one set of vitals taken and went home with my husband.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.