Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Can I ever live with this pain ?
    koda2008 posted:
    In 2004 a workers comp doctor removed all the cartlige out of my knee. I never was any good after that. I had several procedures after that, including a transplant that failed. Now I have had a total knee done but It became infected within 10 days. Since then I have had 5 surgeries that has resulted in a wad of cement and a carbon fiber rod holding my leg together. The doctors have told me that due to the amount of bone removed that a knee isn't possible. Wow does this thing hurt and they are going to try again and see if they can due anything. It doesn't look good, may come out with no leg at all. How due you live with the pain? Narcotics suck! I am only 48 years old and all hemed up. Any clue?

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.