Skip to content
Can I ever live with this pain ?
koda2008 posted:
In 2004 a workers comp doctor removed all the cartlige out of my knee. I never was any good after that. I had several procedures after that, including a transplant that failed. Now I have had a total knee done but It became infected within 10 days. Since then I have had 5 surgeries that has resulted in a wad of cement and a carbon fiber rod holding my leg together. The doctors have told me that due to the amount of bone removed that a knee isn't possible. Wow does this thing hurt and they are going to try again and see if they can due anything. It doesn't look good, may come out with no leg at all. How due you live with the pain? Narcotics suck! I am only 48 years old and all hemed up. Any clue?

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Opana and sweating
I take Opana ER, Vicodin, Soma for arthritis pain and compressed nerve root. I also take Zoloft and Klonopin for depression and anxiety. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.