Skip to content
Knee Pain (32yrs)
vijaykg posted:
I am 32 years old and having knee pain since childhood specially in summer.but now it increasing day by day even if I stand on floor for more than 5 minutes. my knee feeling pain.It feel like my Knee is filled with pain. for that reason i am avoiding jogging and running hence gaining weight about 5 Kg more. presently my height is about 158 cm and weight about 68 Kg.in Night before sleeping i feel a pain in my Knee, a small message give me a deep sleep and after leaving bed in morning pain is not there, but as time passes in day the pain increasing.this created a hurdle for my work and my physical fitness. if I wear a wood-land shoe ,the pain increases very much. I went to see an orthopedic surgeon and he has advised me take X-Ray and few exercise only. In X-ray,there is no sign of any thing wrong.Doctors says it is normal.But now this is growing.

What can be the reason of this pain and also how can I find relief from this pain.please advise me what I do in this situation.Thanks.

forgetful88 responded:
Have they did an MRI? You may need your knee scoped, it's where they go in and clean out the debris from wear and tear.

annette030 replied to forgetful88's response:
Please do research on this first. I read some time ago that there was no difference in outcomes when studies were done between actually cleaning out debris and making sham incisions on the knee and telling the patient the knee had been cleaned out. I did not save the article because I did not have any personal interest in knees.

Take care, Annette

oscarbcf responded:
What caused the pain during your childhood? I reckon that the more information you know about your knee pain, the better it will be in terms of deciding what best to do about it.

Perhaps you'd like to give alternative methods a try, such as acupuncture and the likes? Also, I've been hearing a lot lately that yoga helps in a lot of pain in most people. I've tried it myself and have found it to be quite effective with knee and calf pain of my own but practice caution when going for it as your case might be more sensitive.

Hope that helps.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.