frustratedami posted:
My 88 year old mother fell and has 2 compression fractures in her spine. Because she has cirrhosis the doctors refused to give her anything for the pain. Now, in the rehab facility she is getting 25 mg of Tramadol every 4 hours which barely dents the pain. Has anyone had any luck with another pain med?
annette030 responded:
She should first try a higher dose of tramadol if she can take tramadol. Then move on to other drugs. A healthy adult can take up to 50 mg. at a time.

She should also ask for a consultation by a pain management specialist who handles meds. Any primary care doctor will really like that request.

Take care, Annette