Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain Medication
monahagenjaves posted:
I suffer from RA, Back, Neck just to name a few. I can't even find a doctor to prescribe pain medication. I don't understand why pain suffers are being punished because other people misuse or sell the med's to others. That should not be our problem. My body and mind are so tried that i can't even hold down a job. It should be my choice what i use to treat my pain. I am told walk, yoga, eat better the list go's on and it's not easy to get out of bed to do those things. I am hoping medical marjorana(weed) will be available soon. If i want to be medicated so i can do an activity it should be my choice not a Doctor or drug store. Walgreens is the worst pharmacy in the United States. No or little customer service anymore. most everyone is rude. I think they should hire more staff cause that seems to be the problem at any Walgreens i have been to in the last 15years.

blessedladyptl responded:
Can you share a little more about the problem you're having ? What reasons does your dr give for not prescribing pain meds ? Do you see a Pain Managment dr ? Medical marijuana may be helpful for some, but it is expensive and insurance does not cover it. Also, if you have to have drug tests for work or any other purpose having it in your system may cause problems.

gimpyd replied to blessedladyptl's response:
It sure helped me. I was able to take half the opiate meds, slept so well, ate better, felt hope and happy, but it did make me feel stupid. They said I would build a tolerance. I had to move back to my home I had rented after a 400 year flood. Lost my townhouse, and now that my house is fixed,you can't afford anything there anymore. I paid $800 a month for an 1800 sf townhouse, on the south end of the building, with a beautiful view of the Rockies out my living room. Garage, full basement. Just breaks my heart. I've just gone downhill and Drs are so scared to prescribe anything I'm very worried that soon relief will be a thing of the past. I don't know why they don't give a lie detector test at the pain Dr. Just catch the people who are non compliant, and let legitimate pain patients have a shot at life. It's not right. Patients can't just pick the meds because we are not Drs. We can just be honest. It's hard though. I'm afraid to say I still hurt because they will think I'm a drug seeker. I've never misused my meds, but still got very sick between appointments. My pulse was 40 when my mom and her husband saw how bad I was and took me to the Dr. I'm looking forward to seeing my new pain Dr. I hear she is very good from my PCP. And I did get through WD from a lot of my meds. Now I hope I can take less and still get relief! Silver lining. I just want to live a quality life, be able to get out again. I have to stay close to the bed for now, but I'm doing a little laundry, and took a shower and put fresh sheets on my bed. All that sweating and freezing I know they were dirty. I hope I sweated out some toxins. My PCP gave me just enough to stop the WD. Thank god. I'd have just laid there and died. Sad. I was supposed to go a month with no meds because when my PM referred me to one closer to my moms house he discharged me. Then the first avail was the 28th. So due refill the 3rd, appt the 28. I seriously wonder if I want to stay in it after that . I don't want to have to take pills just to live a minimal life. I'm exhausted. The paid sucks the life out of you, but you know that.

annette030 replied to gimpyd's response:
Were you using marijuana as well as taking opiates? Some docs won't prescribe opiates to folks who use medical marijuana, in my state it costs $400 to get pot legally, that is for a year and includes a medical marijuana card for the state. It is still illegal per federal law.

Take care, Annette

blessedladyptl replied to gimpyd's response:
Even if Medical Marijuana is legal in your state, not all drs agree with the use of it. If you see a Pain Management dr you had to sign a Pain Contract and also agree to tox screens/urine drug tests. If you test positive for Marijuana, your dr will more than likely stop treating your pain and you will have a very hard time finding another dr who will accept you as a patient and treat you for chronic pain.

godofpain responded:
if you are in real pain and not a seeker I do not see how a doctor would deny you. Never had a problem. I have been on pain meds since I was 15 I am now 60. Dr has always managed my pain care.

annette030 replied to blessedladyptl's response:
In our state it costs $400 just for the paperwork for MMJ, and insurance doesn't cover any of it.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to godofpain's response:
I think a good part of it is geographics, in one place, a doctor will take care of you, in another state they won't touch you.

Take care, Annette

hate_you_all replied to rsiyengar's response:
see we are back to ads are us this site is really becoming useless.

hate_you_all replied to rsiyengar's response:
come on peps lets pull togteher and get this chumps posts deleted It has become a sad day between the bulling and all of the spam attacks time to find some where else to chat

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.