Skip to content
Pain Med Denials
ryansgaga posted:
What has happened is that Walgreens and these other pharmacies have recently gotten into trouble with the DEA because of their lax behavior in documenting where these opiates have gone in the past. NOW they have done a complete turn around and have gotten too strict with their customers because they are scared of being fined again by the DEA. This is terrible business practice and I totally agree with a class action law suit. Where can people sign up?

annette030 responded:
What other pharmacies are you talking about?

Take care, Annette

blessedladyptl replied to annette030's response:
Annette, CVS is the only other national chain I can think of. I've put a link below.

CVS Pays $11M to end Oklahoma painkiller probe-
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/04/03/cvs-settles-with-dea-over-drugs/2049629/

annette030 replied to blessedladyptl's response:
I have never been to a pharmacy where I had a problem getting opiates, Walgreens or Wal-Mart included. I was curious about who got in trouble with the feds, and why...I live in Oregon.

Take care, Annette

blessedladyptl replied to annette030's response:
Annette, I haven't ever had a problem either. But some people do. It may be the pharmacist, the pharmacy, the dr, the med or the patient. Some parts of the country seem to be worse than others. I think Walgreens & CVS are the only ones that have paid huge fines though. And the fines were because of what the pharmacists did wrong.

annette030 replied to blessedladyptl's response:
I generally use Wal-Mart. I really think geography has a lot to do with it.

Any pharmacy that gets fined, generally deserves it. If they are guilty of not documenting what they are doing, they better start.

Take care, Annette

meaningfulc1952 replied to annette030's response:
I have had huge problems with Walgreens. They had a new
pharmacist that did not know me. When my prescription was taken there she would not fill it. I had been going to Walgreens for many, many years and could not believe that. I asked to have my scrip back and went to CVS and they filled it without any problems.

I have heard that Walgreens has been sued for 85 million dollars. If that is true, then they have some real big problems.

Meaningfulc1952

annette030 replied to meaningfulc1952's response:
That particular Walgreens that was sued is guilty. Also any other store that is doing the same thing.

We have not been to Walgreens in a while, but we have filled my husband's opiates for chronic pain there without any problems.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Fibromyalgia Pain
I had a lot of pain in my lower back. The doctor diagnosed it as Fibromyalgia. He prescribed lyrica which works really well. I still have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.