Skip to content
What did I injure while doing lunges?
tphuff posted:
Yesterday I was doing lunges and started off wide, trying to get the best out of the workout. I didn't even get to the other side of the room and I felt a pop in the upper part of my left leg. It was close to where my leg bends. I then started off slower not doing them as far. Into the workout we had to do leg lifts, I could not do them at all. A tremendous paid occurred above my leg pain into my lower stomach area. I tried but the pain was too bad. We then had to roll over to low planks, which hurt extremely bad. I tried several times but couldn't do them. I am not familiar with what muscles it could be, could anyone help?

atti_editor responded:
Here is some information on muscle strains in the thigh that you may be interested in. If the pain is coming from the front of your thigh it may be a strain in your quadriceps muscles -- your quadriceps and hamstrings (in the back of your leg) work to straighten and bend your leg, like in the lunges you were doing when you felt the pop. The RICE method (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) is a good treatment strategy and there is some information in the link above. If you have worsening pain, or if it isn't getting any better after a few days, you should see your doctor for evaluation. Please let us know how you are doing!

annette030 responded:
See a doctor, please.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.