Skip to content
Thigh pain
momoftycam posted:
About a year ago, I tore my adductor muscle in my right leg. I was sent to physical therapy, where they used a rolling pin object to break up the scar tissue that had formed. From the first time they "rolled" my leg, it felt like tiny pieces of glass were under my skin and the pain was almost intolerable. I have a high pain tolerance and at times, felt like I was about to lose my mind. They were shocked that I complained so much about the pain. My insurance only covered a set number of pt appointments, so I eventually stopped going, and began my normal activity again. I thought this was all related to the accident, however, I now notice that both of my thighs are tender to the touch, and if I press my fingers on them, I feel the "glass under the skin" sensation. No other part of my leg or arms hurt like this, so I'm curious what it could be. I'm not obese, but I could stand to lose some weight in my thighs, so I'm curious, could this pain be something related to weight gain, or is something else going on?

annette030 responded:
See your doctor about this sensation.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.