Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Any ideas??
braumeisterbob posted:
As what to do when it turns out you are allergic to anti-depressants & the other meds used for treatment of nerve pain. My doctor just prescribed Trazodone 25mg to 50mg to help me sleep. Ambein has been leaving me feel to sedated all day. Anyway the Trazodone cause all the same feelings increased nerve pain, extreme agitation & irritability, and constant thoughts of death & suicide. Sad thing is I have on taken the Trazodone twice at 25mg. Has anyone else experienced this?

annette030 responded:
Do you need sleeping meds or treatment for nerve pain?

Take care, Annette

braumeisterbob replied to annette030's response:
Both. My doc has cut the Ambein down to 5mg instead of 10. I was looking to get off of the Ambein because of the change in my pain meds. Just been feeling so tired all of the time. Has anyone tried Kava?

blessedladyptl replied to braumeisterbob's response:
The change in pain meds may be the cause of you feeling so tired. Fatigue is a common side affect to many pain meds.

braumeisterbob replied to blessedladyptl's response:
I have the feeling that this fatigue is a combination of several factors. Almost all of my meds have been changed. BP different meds now. No meds for nerve pain or tremors because of my reactions to the meds. Last hospitalization biggest issue was my kidneys were not working correctly. I need to realize that this is going to be a journey not a quick fix.

annette030 replied to braumeisterbob's response:
I had gone up to 15 mg. of generic Ambien, zolpidem, every night. I had been on 10 mg. daily for about ten years, then went up to 15, because that stopped working. I did the 15 mg for nearly as long then went off the ambien completely very slowly. I had no withdrawals at all. There are some days I get by on no sleep at all. But then I catch up on other days. It is a good thing I don't work anymore.

I then reduced my methadone, I was taking 30 mg. a day, now I take 20. I still take BT meds twice a day most days. Pain is not my friend, I was hoping to get off all opioids but that does not seem to be in the cards for me.

I tried Kava prior to ambien, just triggered headaches for me, did not help with sleep.

Take care, Annette

braumeisterbob replied to annette030's response:
My doc, she nixed the kava. With the hours I work I am surprised I have any troubles sleeping. I know you guys know what I mean by the pain just won't let me fall asleep. These docs just are not sure what to do with me. It does get very discouraging

annette030 replied to braumeisterbob's response:
Is it the BP meds that make you feel so tired? That was a common side effect of early ones, not so much with the newer ones.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.