Skip to content
Hip labral tear experiences?
tom_1725 posted:
Hi!
I would love to hear anyone's experience that they have had. I just had an MRI arthrogram and found out that I have a tear in my right hip labral muscle. I have had seriously severe debilitating pain in my hip muscles that I had no idea it was because of a muscle tear.
Anyways, the doctor I just went to didn't give me much information so I would love anyone's experiences or advice. How were you treated? Medications, therapy, surgery etc?

Thanks so much!

meaningfulc1952 responded:
Hello tom_1725,
I have never had what you have going on. I do think that you should see an orthopedic dr. You probably will need to have surgery from what you have said. I sure do not know for sure, but I think that seeing an orthopedic dr. is your best bet.

Good luck. I am sorry that you are in such severe pain. I have only heard what you have because Barry Manilow had the same problem and did have surgery in order to fix the problem.

I hope that you find a really great dr. that can help you.

Meaningfulc1952

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Fibromyalgia Pain
I had a lot of pain in my lower back. The doctor diagnosed it as Fibromyalgia. He prescribed lyrica which works really well. I still have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.